The Myfreight/Myparcel WooCommerce Shipping Plugin is a standard WordPress Plugin adhering to WooCommerce shipping add-on standards. Following are the technical requirements of the plugin.
- WordPress 5.0 or later (5.4+ recommended).
- WooCommerce 4.0 or later (6.0+ recommended).
- PHP 5.4 or later (7.3+ recommended).
- PHP Calendar module (calendar.so) enabled. This is standard on most web hosting services.
- PHP Curl module (supporting multi-curl) enabled. This is standard on most web hosting services.
- The Plugin must be paired with either a Myfreight account or a Myparcel login which provide a single intuitive interface with all the transport carriers.
- Myfreight is recommended for online stores with a high volume of shipments (approx. 10 - 1,000 per day) or requiring shipping of dangerous goods. Any existing transport carrier pricing agreements you have can be incorporated. Contact Myfreight to set up an account.
- Myparcel is recommended for online stores with a lower volume of shipments (approx. 1 - 30 per day). Membership is simple to sign up for online. Payment is by credit card.
High volume shippers can try out the WooCommerce plugin with Myparcel and then seamlessly transition to Myfreight as required.
To take full advantage of the features of the plugin, the following may also need to be configured:
- All shippable products should have their shipping weight (in kilograms) and shipping dimensions (length, width and height in centimetres) entered or imported into the WooCommerce Product data → Shipping tab.
- Any fragile products (requiring manual handling whilst in transit) should be assigned the Fragile shipping class in the WooCommerce Product data → Shipping tab. This will assist in providing the most accurate shipping pricing and appropriate shipping service for fragile items.
- For Myfreight only, products containing dangerous goods/hazardous materials must have the UN Number and other dangerous goods information entered into the WooCommerce Product data → Shipping tab. This will assist in providing the most accurate shipping pricing and ensure goods are shipped with the correct dangerous goods designation.
Note that the plugin should work with any WordPress theme, however some themes may require simple CSS styling of the Address Helper on the Cart page.
You may need:
- Metric scales to weigh products in kilograms
- Metric tape measure to measure product dimensions in centimetres
- A printer to print labels and manifests from your browser - A plain paper printer (A4, A5 or A6) is fine, or optionally a label printer (A6 or similar) is ideal
- Packing cartons or wrap/film and packing tape (available from Officeworks and many other retailers)
- Transparent stick-on shipping pouches can also be handy for holding any picking slips or manifests if required (also available from Officeworks and many other retailers)