Myparcel FreightSafe Warranty Terms & Conditions
- Upon payment and acceptance of the warranty option, Myparcel will provide to the Customer a warranty against loss or damage to Goods during the Carriage and while the Goods are in the possession of Myparcel or their agents, subject to the limitations and exclusions set out hereunder (the “Myparcel FreightSafe Warranty”).
- The Myparcel FreightSafe Warranty applies to all goods consigned on a Customer’s shipment booking where the customer has elected to take up a warranty option. Customers cannot elect which items within a consignment the Myparcel FreightSafe Warranty will apply to and the Myparcel FreightSafe Warranty will apply to a consignment completely.
Myparcel FreightSafe Warranty Claims
- Any claim under the Myparcel FreightSafe Warranty for damage to or loss of Goods (“Claim”) must be made online, using the online claim form found on the Myparcel website at my.freightsafe.com/aus/claimform/#/myp
- The Customer must notify Myparcel in writing of any Claim within the following time limits:
- where the Receiver has indicated in writing on the Proof of Delivery or has records that they have informed Myparcel that damage has occurred in respect of the Goods, within seven (7) business days from the date of delivery of the Goods to the Delivery Address;
- In respect of Claims for non-delivery, within fourteen (14) business days after the expected date of delivery for that item/consignment note.
- The Customer may only make one (1) Claim per consignment.
- The Customer must provide to Myparcel with any Claim, documentary evidence acceptable to Myparcel (for example copy of the supplier’s invoice or evidence of actual cost of manufactured goods) as proof of value of the Goods.
- Where the customer makes a valid Claim, Myparcel reserves the right to pay the Claim directly to the Customer by credit note to the Customer’s bank account, credit card or PayPal account, or as applicable.
- Claims will only be paid by Myparcel in respect of any Claim after the Customer has paid all outstanding amounts owed by the Customer to Myparcel, so that the account is within agreed trading terms.
Myparcel FreightSafe Warranty Limitations
- The Myparcel FreightSafe Warranty is subject to the following limitations:
- Claims are limited to loss of or damage to the Goods only. For the avoidance of doubt, the Myparcel FreightSafe Warranty does not cover any consequential loss or damage suffered by the Customer as a result of loss or damage to the Goods.
- Where the Receiver has acknowledged that the Goods have been delivered and received in good order and condition, with no notation of damage, the claim shall be rejected.
- Myparcel reserves the right to determine whether a consignment is indeed lost, regardless of whether a Proof of Delivery is available or not.
- The maximum amount that may be claimed from Myparcel under the Myparcel FreightSafe Warranty is the lesser of:
- the Myparcel FreightSafe Warranty Limitation Amount of $500 or;
- the Warranty option “Up to” amount selected when booking the delivery less the “Excess” amount stated or;
- the cost price of the Goods, as supported by documentary evidence acceptable to Myparcel (for example copy of the supplier’s invoice or evidence of actual cost of manufactured goods).
- GST and freight charges relating to the consignment covered by the FreightSafe Warranty shall not be included in the calculation of any amount payable under the Myparcel FreightSafe Warranty in respect of the Goods and any payment by Myparcel arising out of any Claim made by the Customer will be exclusive of GST.
- Where a claim has been paid in full for goods damaged, Myparcel reserves the right to take possession of the goods as salvage and to dispose of such goods as it sees fit.
Myparcel FreightSafe Warranty Exclusions
- Myparcel will not be liable for any Claims made by Customers in any of the following circumstances:
- Where the Customer has not selected any Warranty option when booking the delivery;
- Where the Customer is not the account holder;
- Where the Customer fails to submit the Claim to Myparcel within the relevant time limits set out above;
- Where Myparcel is in possession of an unendorsed proof of delivery form for the consignment;
- Where the Goods consigned are Excluded Goods, where “Excluded Goods” means each of the following items:-
- dangerous or hazardous goods;
- negotiable instruments;
- precious metals;
- works of art;
- living animals or plants;
- cigarettes, tobacco and tobacco related products;
- valuable documents;
- glass or glass related products.
- Where Myparcel or FreightSafe in its reasonable opinion considers the Packaging of the Goods to be inadequate for road, rail, sea or air transportation;
- Where the Goods were not adequately labelled, or no label exists on the consignment;
- Where the Goods are determined by Myparcel to have been defective prior to the Carriage;
- Where damage, mechanical failure or other operational defect in the Goods could not, in the reasonable opinion of Myparcel, have been caused by the Carriage;
- Where Myparcel fails, delays or is unable to carry out its obligations under this contract due to strikes and / or lockouts (whether of Myparcel’s own employees or those of others and whether or not Myparcel could have avoided the same by acceding to the demands of the employees responsible for such action), acts of God, war, terrorism, fire, flood, embargo, litigation, acts of government or any agency instrumentality or any political subdivision thereof or any other cause beyond the control Myparcel;
- Where the goods have been lost or damaged as a result of derailments, collisions, overturning;
- Where the Delivery Address is a post office box, a roadside drop or postal mailbox.
Amendments to Terms and Conditions of Contract
- Myparcel reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions of contract from time to time, without prior notice to the Customer.